Thursday, July 2, 2009

Long Time

It's been a while...

I haven't blogged in a while since I have finished up my grad school program and my husband has returned home from his deployment. Things have been so busy that I haven't had any time! Well, I've decided to come back and continue posting things! Here's some recent deals that I have found!

At Meijer:
For a healthy choice for Macaroni & Cheese, try the new WHOLE WHEAT style!
Starting July 3rd, buy 4 boxes and get $1 off at the register.

Here's a deal to try:
Buy 4 boxes of Whole Wheat Kraft Macaroni & Cheese for $1/ea
Get $1 off at the registe.r
Use coupon for buy 3 get 1 free
Final cost for 4 boxes = $2!
**This would make an easy summer meal with a salad and some fruit!

Helluva Good French Onion Dip $1.19
Use manufacturer coupon for $1
Use Meijer Mealbox coupon for 25 cents
Final cost = free!
(I did this and got a $1 off catalina couponat the register to do it all over again!)

Over the past month, I've gotten lots of salad dressing and BBQ sauce for free. Each week new coupons come out and then different salad dressings go on sale. I've stocked up on italian dressing for a few months! This means that we'll be having pasta salad and BBQ chicken! This is such an easy and affordable meal during the summer! Here's how I make my pasta salad:

16 oz. multicolored rotini pasta- $0.89
1 bottle Italian dressing- free
Italian seasoning- $0.06
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese $0.25
4 eggs $0.30
2 small tomatoes $0.50
1 chopped Bell Pepper $0.50
Total Cost=$2.50

Pair the pasta salad with BBQ chicken
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts- $2.40
BBQ sauce = free

Total meal cost= $4.90!!
Plus, you'll have plenty of pasta salad left over for other meals!

Enjoy the good deals while they last and the summer meals you can make from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment