Friday, March 13, 2009

Easy Friday Night Meal!

This is one of my favorite recipes! I found it on the back of Meijer brand shredded cheese, and it has been a faithful recipe. Since this is a pizza recipe, it works great for a weekend meal. I love this recipe because I usually have most of the ingredients. I always keep my eye out for the pizza crust on sale because it keeps in the frig. I usually have cheese in the freezer since I stock up when it's on sale. I've included a price break down for how much I can normally get the items on sale. Enjoy!

Pepperoni Bread

Ingredients:
-1 can Meijer Pizza crust $1 (during their 10 for $10, 11th free sales)
-2 eggs .25
-1-1/2 Teaspoons Oregano .05
-1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese $1.00 ($2.50 for can)
-1 Package Pepperoni $1 for small package at Meijer
-8 oz shredded cheese (I like the Colby Jack blend for this recipe) $1.66 at Meijer when 3/$5
Total Cost: $5.00

Directions:
-Preheat oven 325 degrees
-Spead out pizza crust on pan with foil (don't stretch)
-Mix eggs, oregano, and Parmesan cheese
-Put 3/4 mixture on crust
-Top with cheese and pepperoni
-Roll up and pinch seems together
-Spread remainder of egg mixture over top
-Bake at 325 degrees for 30-40 minutes until golden brown

**Feel free to add any other ingredients into the recipe. Bacon, banana peppers, mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion are all great add-ins as well.

**You can add a salad, pasta salad, or corn for your complete meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment