Saturday, December 5, 2009

Too Long...

It's been too long since I've posted! With all the crazy changes in our lives, I haven't had any time to blog about my coupon endeavors. I am still faithfully couponing as often as I can, but it is difficult to find the time! Here are a few tips as we enter into the holiday season:

**Keep your eye out for cheap or free items for stockings or gift fillers. These may include candles (there is a great coupon for $3/2 Glade items), lip gloss (great coupons for Nivea and Blistex), candy bars (buy1, get 1 coupons for Hershey's), small toys or Pez dispensers. I have found many of these items recently, especially in the sale sections.

** Take advantage of the $5 coupon for Hallmark stores to stock up on holiday, birthday or anniversary cards. Hunt for the $0.99 cards and get 5 for free! You are able to print the coupon twice per computer, so take advantage of this great deal! When I went this evening, the fall decor was 75% off and I was able to get 3 adorable plaques for just $1 after my coupon and discounts! Hurry to get your deals while they're available!

** Make your Christmas budget last by shopping on the sale racks. Right now is the prime time for summer items to go on sale at a very low price. While tank tops and skirts aren't the most practical items to wear right now, you can pair a tank with a cardigan, or wear tights under a skirt to make it more winter appropriate. Wal-Mart always had good deals on jewelry which are nice stocking stuffers or fillers to complete an outfit!

** Gift idea: Scarf and glove set bought last year after Christmas $1.50, flower pin for coat $1, long necklace $1, matching earrings $1, lip gloss $0.50, Card-free = $5 for an awesome gift!

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment